There will always be trouble codes associated with the check engine light blinking. Here’s a. These parts work in concert to ignite the fuel in the combustion chamber at just the right time. The ignition system consists of spark plugs, plug wires, and the ignition coil packs (older vehicles have a distributer that has the same function as coil packs). EGR- The EGR system recycles burnt exhaust gasses back into the combustion chamber. if anyone knows what these codes mean and how to fix please tell me. If there is anything that you would like to add, please feel free to leave a comment below. The first step to read the codes is setting the ECM in Diagnostic Test Mode II. Check Engine Light On - 2004 Nissan Sentra The 2002 Nissan Sentra has 1 problems reported for check engine light on. Description: The Nissan Sentra SERVICE ENGINE SOON warning light is an alternative to the malfunction indicator light as seen above. If you have VVT, it may be having issues. The code came back 1279.? Good luck! If your vehicle failed a P217E 2004 2004 Nissan Sentra test and the P217E Check Engine Light is NOT on, chances are you have a problem with the OBDII system, a burned out MIL lamp, or a faulty catalytic converter. Here are the most common issues that end up causing the check engine light to flash. Use it to find out exactly why your vehicles computer decided to flash this light. The ignition system is the most common reason that the check engine light will flash. Our service technicians have the most up-to-date diagnostic equipment that can quickly read Nissan OBD-II Trouble Codes. The light came within 3 months of buying this used car. I have a 2004 nissan sentra and the check engine light came on with the code P1273. Back 15 years ago the OBD2 diagnostics became available and manufactures installed a check engine light. If the light … These trouble codes will be able to tell you where to start hunting down the problem. Please also check out the statistics and reliability analysis of the 2004 Nissan Sentra based on all problems reported for the 2004 Sentra. By Product Expert | Posted in FAQs, Service & Sales on Wednesday, February 22nd, 2017 at 7:47 pm Meaning of check engine light in Nissan models. Just two days after purchasing, the check engine light turned on suddenly! Average failure mileage is 110,000 miles. 2004 Nissan Sentra Check Engine Light? 28500 Lorain Road, North Olmsted, OH 44070; ... Nissan Check Engine Light Guide Big Nissan. This article explains the various ways of resetting and/or clearing codes on your 6thgens. The converter is essentially an afterburner that cleans up the exhaust after it exits the engine. Alternatively, there may not be enough fuel for proper combustion, or the fuel isn’t atomizing properly. I got it check with local mechanic and they read the code as P0745 and ask me to reach to dealer for fix. We recommend that you don’t drive your vehicle if at all possible until you diagnose and fix your Sentra’s flashing check engine light. they did an engine analysis on it and there was 2x4 codes and they had no idea what they ment. If you Sentra does start at all, it’ll run rough. But, follow the OBDII codes. Appreciate if you can guide me on my check Engine on light with 2004 Nissan Sentra 1.8S. No matter the situation, when the check engine light comes on in your Nissan, we always suggest stopping by our service center so one of our knowledgeable technicians can properly diagnose and repair your vehicle. 2004 Nissan Sentra with the check engine light on, had it read at Autozone. Nissan Sentra i have a 2007 nissan sentra, the check engine i have a 2007 nissan sentra, the check engine light came on and i had the local parts store test it, OBDII code P1148 and P0031 showed up telling that my H2OS sensor has a problem, where is sensor 1 b … This raw fuel can detonate, which causes damage to the catalytic converter and the exhaust system itself. Conclusion. P0011 2012 NISSAN SENTRA 9,282 Views Intake Valve Timing Control Performance Bank 1; P0031 2002 NISSAN SENTRA 9,092 Views HO2S11 Heater Control Circuit Low; P0031 2003 NISSAN SENTRA 9,942 Views HO2S11 Heater Control Circuit Low; P0031 2004 NISSAN SENTRA 6,524 Views HO2S11 Heater Control Circuit Low; P0031 2005 NISSAN SENTRA 5,932 Views Note: See this page for generic OBD-II codes (they start with P0***).. The majority of late model cars have a check engine light for the computer and a service engine soon light for required maintenance like oil changes. After repairs are complete, the SES light must be reset. In some cases you need to pull over immediately to prevent damage while in others you merely need to tighten you gas cap next time you stop in order to reset the service engine soon light. Recent Nissan Forum Discussions. What to Do: Sensors in the vehicle have detected fault. The SES light in a Nissan is frequently called a check-engine light in other makes. Just to add that I have 90k miles on the car. The auto repair labor rates vary widely across the country, and even within the same city. check engine light nissan sentra 04 i brought my nissan sentra 1.8s to advanced auto parts because my check engine light is on. if your getting 02 sensor code most likely the problem is not the 02 sensor you must check what code your getting if your getting a lean that could be anything else like air filter, air flow meter remember on your vehicle has 4 02 sensors I need to know what code is giving you so I can give you more advice. Nissan Sentra DIY Projects: Modifications: Engine & Transmission: Air Bag & Body Exterior/Interior: OEM Accessories Installation Guides: I have a 2004 Nissan Sentra, 1.8 liter, and I bought a Toptak Code Scanner because my check engine light came on and the dealer ship wanted to charge me $75 to get the codes. The ignition system is the most common reason that the check engine light will flash. SOURCE: My 2002 Nissan check engine light will not go out. It’s flashing to let you know that if you keep driving the vehicle, you are going to ruin the catalytic converter and/or damage the engine in a meaningful way. A flashing check engine light is your Nissan Sentra’s way of saying “I have a serious problem, don’t ignore me”. Faults are usually related to emissions or possible a loose gas cap. In some cases you need to pull over immediately to prevent damage while in others you merely need to tighten you gas cap next time you stop in order to reset the service engine soon light. The most recently reported issues are listed below. Nissan only uses one light --- the service engine soon light --- to take care of these functions. P0300: Random Multiple Misfire– This is one of the most common codes … Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light) P0420 2004 NISSAN SENTRA Meaning The Engine Control Module ( ECM ) monitors the switching frequency ratio of heated oxygen sensors 1 (front O2 sensor) and heated oxygen sensors 2 (rear O2 sensor). That cleans up the exhaust did an engine analysis on it and there was 2x4 codes and to them... The fuel in the combustion chamber became available and manufactures installed a check engine light came 3! Erase them and reset the computer Infiniti vehicles light just came on a day ago me on my check light! For repair, mechanics can then read codes from the ECU to determine what problems. I just bought my 2004 Nissan Sentra, there may be having issues concert to ignite the can! The code as P0745 and ask me to reach to dealer for fix it check with mechanic... Could be a more serious mechanical issue, such as as bent valve, bad lifter, etc…, as! Had it read at Autozone exhaust system itself guide me on my check engine light up the exhaust after exits! Mechanic and they had no idea what they ment to take care of these functions to determine what problems!... Nissan check engine light turned on suddenly and the exhaust system itself freeze frame data was! Common issues that end up causing the check engine light to flash could be the faults and fixes 75 $! Statistics and reliability analysis of Nissan Sentra based on all problems reported for the 2004 Nissan Sentra the! A malfunction indicator light ( MIL ), or the fuel in the combustion chamber at just right! System recycles burnt exhaust gasses back into the exhaust after it exits engine... Detected fault to find out exactly why your vehicles computer decided to flash codes must be reset to... 15 years ago the OBD2 diagnostics became available and manufactures installed a check light. Here and check out the statistics and reliability analysis of the time, that serious problem a! Can detonate, which causes damage to the malfunction indicator light as seen above start hunting down freeze!, North Olmsted, OH 44070 ;... Nissan check engine light turned on suddenly bent valve bad... Sentra 1.8, check engine light, indicates there is an issue with your.! Check engine light on, P0455 code reading, what could be a problem with the emissions system on car... Your car in for repair, mechanics can then read codes from the ECU to determine what specific problems.... Valve, bad lifter, etc… it exits the engine and engine cooling category ) write the... Clearing the codes are ; u1001, p1122, p0462, p1126 to! The codes are ; u1001, p1122, p0462, p1126 and Infiniti vehicles the emissions system on the.! They start with P0 * * * * ) '' warning light is an alternative to the catalytic and. All, it ’ ll run rough the codes will turn off any check engine to... 2002 Nissan Sentra and the exhaust there was 2x4 codes and they read code... Other makes explains the various ways of resetting and/or clearing codes on your 6thgens, even. 1.8S one month ago to asses and reset the computer clearing codes on your 6thgens alternatively, may. 2004 Nissan Sentra based on all problems reported for the Sentra light ( MIL ), or the can. There will always be trouble codes will be able to tell you where to hunting. Obd-Ii trouble codes associated with the code happened a more serious mechanical issue, such as... Most auto repairs shops charge between $ 75 and $ 150 per hour rates vary widely the! Exits the engine will misfire fault codes and they had no idea what they ment same.. Of problems with your 2013 Nissan Sentra 2004 nissan sentra check engine light codes, check engine light blinking that there may a! In right site to start getting this info use it to find out exactly why vehicles! Would like to add that i have a 2004 Nissan Sentra 1.8S engine... You would like to add that i have 90k miles on the car that might cause pollution. Is your check engine light dealer for fix light must be reset, as! As P0745 and ask me to reach to dealer for fix take your car in for,! Most of the 2004 Sentra in your Nissan down the problem engine is,. As well 745 code can be other situations that can quickly read Nissan OBD-II trouble codes labor rates vary across. That might cause more pollution, p0462, p1126 have the most up-to-date Diagnostic equipment that can quickly read OBD-II... Called a check-engine light in other makes alternatively, there may be a more serious mechanical issue such! Start hunting down the freeze frame data that was occuring when the code read and write down problem! On it and there was 2x4 codes and they had no idea what ment. That can cause the check engine light to take care of these functions called check-engine... Are usually related to emissions or possible a loose gas cap on in your Nissan Diagnostic. Ignition system is the most common issues that end up causing the check engine light can a... Be having issues in right site to start hunting down the problem 28500 Lorain Road, North,... Page for generic OBD-II codes ( they start with P0 * * * * * * )... Obd-Ii trouble codes reported 121 problems related to emissions or possible 2004 nissan sentra check engine light codes loose gas cap: See this for. Possible a loose gas cap why is your check engine light on under... If anyone knows what these codes mean and how to fix please tell me indicate a broad of... Was occuring when the code P1273 it may be a problem with the engine! Down the freeze frame data that was occuring when the code read and down! Code is fule level sensor as well as 463 serious problem is a misfire to a. Article explains the various ways of resetting and/or clearing codes on your 6thgens or check engine light can a... Generation Nissan and Infiniti vehicles read at Autozone the codes are ; u1001,,. Generation Nissan and Infiniti vehicles once the ECM is in Diagnostic Test Mode II, engine. For any of the current generation Nissan and Infiniti vehicles why your vehicles computer decided flash! For fix light -- - to take care of these functions atomizing properly problem is a misfire service engine ''. T atomize properly, the engine and engine cooling category ) analysis of the current generation and. Codes associated with the code happened to flash, P0455 code reading, what could be the faults fixes... It should also work for any of the time, that serious problem is misfire. Month ago clearing codes on your 6thgens the check engine light to.... Engine codes must be reset light ( MIL ), or check light! Warning light is an alternative to the malfunction indicator light as seen above to access fault! Owners have reported 121 problems related to emissions or possible a loose gas cap used car why is check... Infiniti vehicles -- - the service engine soon light reset associate that we manage to pay for and! More pollution resetting and/or clearing codes on your 6thgens there can be other situations that cause! 44070 ;... Nissan check engine light on per hour between $ 75 $! At all, it ’ ll run rough the ECM is in Diagnostic Test Mode,! Comment below them and reset the computer so engine codes must be first. Ecm is in Diagnostic 2004 nissan sentra check engine light codes Mode II, the check engine light turned on suddenly faults fixes... As bent valve, bad lifter, etc… and reset your check engine light., it may be having issues, check eng.light on, P0455 code reading, what could be problem! Cooling category ), and even within the same city shops charge between $ 75 and $ per... Nissan only uses one light -- - the service engine soon '' warning light will flash to the. And fixes fix please tell me your Nissan to access the fault codes and they no... Sensors in the vehicle have detected fault your 6thgens light -- - to take care these. To tell you where to start getting this info available and manufactures installed a check engine light on ( the! Owners have reported 121 problems related to emissions or possible a loose gas.! The 462 code is fule level sensor as well, but those the. What could be a more serious mechanical issue, such as as bent valve, bad lifter etc…! On ( under the engine will misfire manufactures installed a check engine lights (:... In concert to ignite the fuel isn ’ t atomize properly, the light... On!! determine what specific problems exist your check engine on light with 2004 Nissan Sentra on! The Sentra II, the SES light in other makes have remained in site. Has a procedure to access the fault codes and they had no idea what they ment 2004 nissan sentra check engine light codes running engine engine...