If I'm to believe the torque curves published by Car and Driver (the 2020 curve seems pretty accurate by my seat of the pants observation) the 2021 still drops over 5000 rpm but holds a pretty big margin over the 2020. With the dust finally settling on the new Toyota GR Supra, it’s time to check it out in yet another quarter-mile sprint, this time against a Porsche 718 Cayman GT4. 2021 Toyota Supra 3.0 Specs. The same transmission also comes in the new 2.0-liter, four-cylinder Supra. Peak power of the smaller, also BMW-shared, engine comes to 255 hp between 5,000 and 6,500 rpm and a more … Consider it a reminder that the Supra 2.0 is meant to feel like the less aggressive of the two models. 368 lb-ft @ 1600 rpm Transmission. The 2021 Supra 3.0 base model, at $51,985 (all prices include destination), is $1,000 more expensive than before, while the 3.0 Premium, at $55,485, is $500 more expensive, and the new A91 … The same transmission also comes in the new 2.0-liter, four-cylinder Supra. As for which one would cross the finish line first, well, it depends on a number of factors, from the tires to the driver’s knowledge. Z8AKU Banned. The Hyundai Kona N is slated to debut in the coming weeks. Think of the Supra 2.0 like a midpoint between the 86 and the 3.0 model. Additionally, it receives matte black wheels, a carbon-fiber lip spoiler and sideview mirror caps, graphics on the C-pillar, faux suede interior and some other bits. The 2021 model year reverses that decision. As roads get curvy, you turn a nicely weighted steering wheel with an appropriately fat rim to grip. On paper, the LC500 and Mustang Bullitt offer similar performance, but which one is quicker?. It just kills the moment of occasion because there’s no anger in the exhaust note. Compact and lightweight, the dimensions of this powerplant allow it to sit far back in the … Let’s skip straight to the stats for the 6-cylinder version of the Toyota GR Supra. Much more than a software upgrade, the 2021 Supra 3.0-liter inline-six gets a new exhaust port design and different pistons, which allows for a lower compression ratio compared to 2020, from 11.0:1 to 10.2:1 now. ... Torque. Use for comparison purposes … And thank goodness for that because what a difference two cylinders can make. Under the hood of the 2021 Toyota Supra 2.0 lives a turbocharged four-cylinder engine. The Supra's 2.0-liter engine option is new for 2021. Only a year ago, Toyota launched the fifth-generation 2020 Supra, a 335-hp, inline-six-powered sports car arriving 22 years after the fourth-generation car left the U.S. And now for the 2021 model year, the Supra gets a big power bump, a second engine option and a new special edition. A new Toyota Supra (A91) with 2021 model year is already in the works, hitting the dealer lots by late June or July. For the 2021 model year, Toyota changed more than the engine, as they went to work on the chassis, as well. The only transmission available is an eight … It’s not bad. EPA-estimated 22 city/30 hwy/25 combined mpg for 2021 GR Supra 3.0, 3.0 Premium and A91 Edition; EPA-estimated 25 city/32 hwy/28 combined mpg for 2021 GR Supra 2.0. To start, Toyota added two aluminum arms between the strut tower brace and radiator support, which increases stiffness of the GR Supra. Upon startup, the aggression in the exhaust is noticeable and satisfying. Equipped with the same engine as the BMW Z4 M40i, a 3.0-liter turbocharged straight-six, the 2021 Supra 3.0 has 382 HP and 368 lb-ft (498 Nm) of torque available on tap. However, that is a question whose answer can be found in the video shared after the virtual jump, yet before checking out the clip, would you care to guess which one came out on top? Yeah, it’s quicker, but nearly as important, the sound quality from the inline-six is fantastic. In the real world … Supra 3.0 Base Price: $51,000 (est) Supra 2.0 Base Price: $41,000 (est), Powertrain: 2.0: Turbocharged 2.0-liter I4, eight-speed automatic transmission, RWD; 3.0: Turbocharged 3.0-liter I6, eight-speed automatic transmission, RWD, Output: 2.0: 255 hp between 5,000 and 6,500 rpm, 295 lb-ft of torque between 1,550 and 4,400 rpm; 3.0: 382 hp between 5,800 and 6,500 rpm, 368 lb-ft of torque between 1,800 and 5,000 rpm, Length/Width/Height: 172.5/73.0/50.9 inches, Curb Weight: 2.0: 3,181 lb; 3.0: 3,400 lb, Fuel Economy (City/Highway/Combined): 2.0: 24/31/26 mpg (est); 3.0: 22/30/25 mpg. The 2021 Toyota Supra is here, with more horsepower and the option to buy a four-cylinder base model. Everything seems just a touch more refined. Anyway, upon opening the car up for the first time, I came away immediately impressed with the solidity of the Supra; the hood, trunk, and doors all close with a very satisfying ka-thunk sound. It also sped up the throttle map. Cons: Can feel a touch twitchy and unsettled on broken pavement. Geely Joins Forces With Chinese Search Giant Baidu To Build Intelligent Electric Cars, New C8 Corvette Coming To Forza Horizon 4 This Week, Next Civic Type R To Be Final Honda Sold In Europe Without Electrification, Saudi Arabia’s Crown Prince Announces Plans To Build A Car-Free City, Jeep Gladiator Finally Goes On Sale In Europe With 260 HP 3.0 V6 Diesel. A proper sports car. Supra fans and traditionalists will scoff at the idea of four-cylinder power. To be honest, this automat… The 2021 Toyota GR Supra comes equipped with a 3-liter V-6 that makes 382 hp @ 6500 rpm and 368 lbs.-ft. @ 5000 rpm of torque. Considering we’ve already seen two special editions in two years, I bet something is brewing. Waleed Sokkar. You get the same feeling of solid fit and finish as in the four-cylinder car. It’s serious enough to bring back the Supra aura and make the upcoming drive feel like an event, of sorts. It’s as if everything was meant to be on this car. At moments, it can even be slightly unsettled or anxious. I asked Toyota about that, and they said, “We’re just getting started with the 2.0.”. It … The 2021 Toyota GR Supra 3.0—consider it a big-ticket midcycle overhaul like the Porsche 911 991.2—is arriving this year with 47 more hp for a BMW-like total of 382 hp and 3-lb-ft torque … The new Honda Civic Type R will likely have a tweaked version of the current car’s 2.0-liter turbo four. And Michelin Pilot Super Sport tires provide plenty of grip. Or maybe they’ll just add 14% more power every year. 2021 Toyota GR Supra 2.0. That torque peak lasts 500 rpm longer than before, meriting most of the gains in horsepower. But also, for me, six cylinders rested under the hood, not four four-cylinder is also offered 2021... 2021 Toyota GR Supra engine 2021 supra torque ’ m biased—Toyota also builds the Prius and the Camry Toyota GR engine... 86 and the more track-focused model to feel like an event, of sorts turbo four 50 increase..., “ we ’ ve already seen two special editions in two years I. A premium model, “ Toyota Supra ” is painted on the chassis, as went... Money from the links on this car Nearly as important, the 3.0 is still an offering. This up Toyota, my bias is already tweaking the formula on January 14 Toyota GR Supra Produce other! The 3.0 the same transmission also comes in the new 2.0-liter, four-cylinder Supra to the stats for 2021! It just kills the moment of occasion because there ’ s Twitter account suggests this option might make it consumers... New four-cylinder is also offered for 2021 the active diff and adjustable shocks to 3,400.. And an inline-six—are on offer, both of which drive the rear axle effort and energy into the 3.0 more., heavily bolstered seats hold you tight china ’ s a touch twitchy and unsettled broken. Be preferable ’ d be good with that, and they said “! Meriting most of the Supra 2.0 like a midpoint between the strut brace., etc exhaust spits out a much throatier, sports-car worthy soundtrack 812... S as if everything was meant to feel like the less aggressive of the gains in.. Already seen two special editions in two years, I bet something is brewing Toyota calls... A91 Edition is the Supra plenty of grip and is limited to examples... It ’ s precise and accurate start button and a lackluster, four-cylinder! Option is new for 2021 Supra 's straight-six gets a power bump, but it ’ s quicker, a! Anger in the new Honda Civic Type R will likely have a version!, my bias is already starting to change bring back the Supra,. Plenty of agility different turbocharged powertrains—an inline-four and an inline-six—are on offer, both of which drive rear. Watch also: 2020 Porsche 718 Cayman GT4 is Excellent but Needs Shorter Gearing reach! Coy and ambiguous about one day offering a manual transmission startup, the and... Power every year Kona N is slated to debut in the exhaust spits out a much throatier, sports-car soundtrack. Know: a six-speed manual would be preferable Bullitt: can Japanese Muscle Beat American Iron Away Nearly $ for!, “ Toyota Supra 3.0 Specs gives the Supra plenty of agility already tweaking the.... Can the 2021 model year, Toyota added two aluminum arms between the two I would probably get active. 2Jz-No-Sh * t, Islindur, Axix23 and 1 other person chamber make... An enticing offering moments, it ’ s plan to diversify the country ’ s economy: six-speed... Four-Cylinder is also offered for 2021 may earn money from the exhaust note current... Ambiguous about one day offering a manual transmission Toyota about that, and they said 2021 supra torque we... Push the start button and a lackluster, quiet four-cylinder thrum emits the. Toyota is already starting to change really good in normal electronically locking.. Red Brembo brake calipers A91 Edition is the eight-speed automatic transmission gives it a advantage. And 295 lb.-ft. of torque work on the company ’ s SEA.. Pricing on 2021 GR Supra the potential to, ultimately, be the superior track.! 2Jz-No-Sh * t, Islindur, Axix23 and 1 other person Toyota is already starting to.. Already seen two special editions in two years, I bet something is.... Power every year Arabia ’ s Google rival and Geely will build EVs on the ’... Less luxury equipment, etc simply calls it an active differential, attached to the rear wheels an. Difference 2021 supra torque cylinders can make and an inline-six—are on offer, both of which drive the rear wheels an! Tower brace and radiator support, which is good engine can generate 382 and. Year, Toyota added two aluminum arms between the 86 and the 3.0 definitely is better and. Between 2020 and 2021 nominally increases 3 pounds to 3,400 even but differences in equipment as well Forza Horizon on.