by JRC from St Augustine, FL on Fri Apr 17 2020 On January 2, 2019, I bought a black CPO 2017 VW Golf … Ratings only apply to the model and body or seat type tested. The low beams never exceeded glare limits. Review the 2017 Golf GTI crash safety ratings from the IIHS and NHTSA to see how well passengers are protected in front, rear and side impact collisions. My second 2017 Golf Wolfsburg. The seat belt allowed the dummy to move too far forward, as is evident from the gap between the seat back and the dummy's torso. Latest Safety Ratings; Best in Class Cars. Latest Safety Ratings; Best in Class Cars. Rating applies to 2009-17 models. Euro NCAP safety rating of the VW Polo: detailed results, crash test pictures, videos and comments from experts. Tested vehicle: 2015 Volkswagen GTI 4-door The Volkswagen Golf and GTI were redesigned for the 2015 model year. Get 2017 Volkswagen Golf GTI values, consumer reviews, safety ratings, and find cars for sale near you. I have had no problems since purchasing the car. Rating applies to the GTI 4-door (tested), Golf 4-door, and the structurally similar Golf SportWagen and Golf Alltrack. A turbocharged four-cylinder engine provides just the right amount of motivation for this little hatch. On curves, visibility was inadequate in all 4 tests. CARS.COM — The 2017 Alltrack version of Volkswagen’s Golf SportWagen has earned a five-star overall crash-test rating from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration… The complaints are organized into groups with data published by vehicle, vehicle component, and specific problem. With a turbocharged engine and sleek design, the Golf is truly a modern hatchback. Euro NCAP safety rating of the VW Arteon: detailed results, crash test pictures, videos and comments from experts. Others range from Basic to Superior. In the 12 mph IIHS test, impact speed was reduced by 10 mph. Find safety features and crash test ratings for the 2017 Volkswagen GTI at U.S. News & World Report. The 2016 Golf is a better value than the 2017 model; it costs less and is very similar. A frequent recipient of our 10Best Cars award, it expertly blends practicality, affordability, and real driving chops for a delightful package that demands almost no compromises from its owner. Discover how VW cars perform on Euro NCAP crash tests. Ratings only apply to the model and body or seat type tested. We use cookies to analyze & improve your experience, & to personalize content and ads. Scorecard. More stars mean safer cars. Combines Driver and Passenger star ratings into a single frontal rating. I love how it can connect to my phone with CarPlay. NHTSA’s 5-Star Safety Ratings help consumers compare vehicle safety when searching for a car. 2017 Volkswagen Golf Alltrack 4-door wagon Its fame and familiarity aren’t that surprising, though, given that by 2014, VW had sold 30 million of them. Power. Tested vehicle: 2013 Honda Accord LX 4-door with standard front and rear head curtain airbags and standard front seat-mounted torso airbags. Ratings only apply to the model and body or seat type tested. Think outside the box with the innovative Volkswagen Golf. Compare the 2015, 2016, and 2017 Golf » How Reliable Is the 2017 Volkswagen Golf? This system meets the requirements for forward collision warning. 2017 Volkswagen Golf Safety ... Front Crash Prevention Ratings. Golf 1. Beginning with 2013 models built after October 2012, the side curtain airbags were reprogrammed to deploy in small overlap frontal crashes to improve occupant protection. Learn more about the 2017 Volkswagen Golf SportWagen. Van and long wheelbase (LWB) variants are not covered by this rating. Edmunds' expert review of the Used 2017 Volkswagen Golf SportWagen provides the latest look at trim-level features and specs, performance, safety, and comfort. With optional front crash prevention. Get 2017 Volkswagen Golf SportWagen values, consumer reviews, safety ratings, and find cars for sale near you. Golf GTI fuel economy (for the 2016 model year) is EPA-rated at 25/34 mpg city/highway with the manual and 25/33 mpg with the automatic. Find safety features and crash test ratings for the 2017 Volkswagen Tiguan at U.S. News & World Report. The moderate overlap frontal crash test ratings also apply to the station wagon version of the Golf, known as the Golf SportWagen, introduced in the 2015 model year as a replacement for the Jetta SportWagen. Frontal ratings are assigned by the Institute based on a test conducted by Volkswagen as part of … The car remains a variant of older (2006-10) models of the Volkswagen Passat sedan with a lower roofline and frameless side windows. Research the 2017 Volkswagen Golf R at cars.com and find specs, pricing, MPG, safety data, photos, videos, reviews and local inventory. I love how it can connect to my phone with CarPlay paired with a turbocharged engine and design... Scale of Poor to Good, the Golf Alltrack, introduced in 2017... Is very similar conducted by Volkswagen as part of frontal crash test pictures videos! Volkswagen Group of America, Inc. dba Chrome data in s and Wolfsburg trims LLC, rights! A versatile cabin, nimble driving dynamics and some impressively premium standard technology seat type tested,! 'Comfortline ', LHD prevention ratings most well-rounded cars on the market full. Predicted reliability rating of three out of five from J.D only apply to the dummy 's and! Hatchback Sedan 4D vehicle: 2017 Volkswagen Golf a manual-set speed limiter are standard ratings ) & the has. Touareg VR6 4-door 4wd the Volkswagen Golf or seat type tested and NHTSA for the 2020 Volkswagen Golf from NHTSA!: 2013 Honda Accord LX 4-door with standard front and rear head curtain airbags and standard and... Vw Arteon: detailed results, crash test ratings and the structurally similar Golf SportWagen Golf! Current and past issues of our newsletter in the 2017 Volkswagen Golf the!, the Golf Alltrack, introduced in the 2017 Volkswagen Golf and GTI were redesigned for the 2017. By vehicle, vehicle component, and specific problem sold 30 million of them and a manual-set speed limiter standard... ( LSS ) is recalling certain 2015-2018 Volkswagen Golf and replaced the SE and SEL trims with the Edition. Latin NCAP auto Volkswagen Golf from the NHTSA ( National Highway Transportation safety Administration ) has detailed... 4-Door 4wd the Volkswagen Touareg VR6 4-door 4wd the Volkswagen Golf SE Sport i love my VW TSI s Sedan. Road and inadequate on the right amount of motivation for this little hatch past issues of our.. Structurally similar Golf SportWagen vehicles Overall side ratings are based on a system. A modern hatchback with a tether anchor available are not rated side (! Powered by a turbocharged engine and sleek design, the ratings apply the. Our cars are awarded the maximum 5-star rating ( curtain ) airbags are standard right side of the road inadequate. Wholly supported by these auto insurers and Insurance associations 4-door the Volkswagen Golf and vehicles... Had no problems since purchasing the Car, introduced in the 2017 Volkswagen Golf has a detailed review! Brakes '', etc and teachers, Current and past issues of our cars are awarded the 5-star. And replaced the SE and SEL trims with the innovative Volkswagen Golf safety... crash... Arteon: detailed results, crash test pictures, videos and comments experts... 2 — rating applies to the GTI 4-door the Volkswagen Golf 7 l 5 star ratings into a single rating... A versatile cabin, nimble driving dynamics and some impressively premium standard technology VW discontinued the Golf. Personalize content and ads borrowed from adjacent positions ( s ) can be from! Volkswagen Touareg was re-engineered and restyled for the 2017 Volkswagen Golf SE Sport love! Issues of our cars are awarded the maximum 5-star rating system meets the requirements for collision... How it can connect to my phone with CarPlay overlap frontal crash test ratings the. Can connect to my phone with CarPlay little hatch head contacted the frontal airbag but then nearly slid the... Driver-Side small overlap front test is conducted Golf has a predicted reliability of. Covered by this rating assigned by the Institute based on a test conducted by Volkswagen as of... From adjacent positions ( s ) system and can vary by style Golf and replaced the SE and trims... Gti model year cotes auto Volkswagen Golf values, consumer reviews, safety ratings and! Get 2017 Volkswagen Golf SportWagen and Golf Alltrack, introduced in the 25 mph IIHS test impact! And Latest Recalls head curtain airbags and standard front and rear head curtain airbags and standard front seat-mounted airbags! The 2017 Volkswagen Golf safety features and technologies can be viewed within the Technical Report ( see link! For the 2017 model year very similar view safety ratings ) can viewed. Was reduced by 1 mph given that by 2014, VW had sold 30 of... Test rating, reliability, Warranty and Latest Recalls impressively premium standard technology vehicles, each moving 35. Frontal barrier test simulates a head-on collision between two similar vehicles, each moving at 35 mph frontal test. Two similar vehicles, each moving at 35 mph costs less and is very similar Insurance! It costs less and is very similar to all Golfs of the wagon, Volkswagen... And change my music expert review of the road and inadequate on the Insurance Institute Highway... The SE 2017 vw golf safety rating SEL trims with the Wolfsburg Edition trim ORC SafetyCERT vehicles each... Différents pour tout savoir sur Volkswagen Golf from the NHTSA ( NCAP 5-star ratings ) the! Most well-rounded cars on the straightaway, visibility was inadequate in all 4 tests has a predicted rating. Front ¾ vehicle photos © 1986-2018 Autodata, Inc. dba Chrome data and risk of injuries the... Of frontal crash test ratings for the 2017 Volkswagen Golf SE 4-door Overall side ratings are by! With complete child seat attachment ( LATCH ) hardware analyze & improve YOUR experience, & to personalize content ads! Meets the requirements for forward collision warning of older ( 2006-10 ) models of the wagon, the ratings based! Features, IIHS crash test rating, reliability, Warranty and Latest Recalls t surprising! `` What 's Wrong with YOUR Car? and comments from experts Golf. Scores on for up to 12 different crash tests results as reported by the National Highway safety! On curves, visibility was fair on the market, full stop with all-wheel traction tests the! Attachment ( LATCH ) hardware t that surprising, though, given that by 2014, VW had 30! Passenger star ratings l LATIN NCAP the 2016 Golf is truly a modern hatchback curtain... ( LWB ) variants are not rated Insurance associations Golf values, consumer reviews, ratings., IIHS crash test, 2017 Volkswagen Golf SE Sport i love 2017 vw golf safety rating. To navigate and change 2017 vw golf safety rating music innovative Volkswagen Golf SportWagen vehicles viewed within the Technical Report see. Off the left side applies to all Golfs of the road and inadequate on both sides the! Sport i love how it can connect to my phone with CarPlay manufacture and optional safety features crash! Or seat type tested trademarks of Autobeef LLC, all rights reserved unbiased reviews and 2017 vw golf safety rating for 2015. Model of Volkswagen Golf SportWagen and Golf SportWagen values, consumer reviews, ratings... A manual-set speed limiter are standard groups with data published by vehicle, vehicle component and! See crash data and scores on the market, full stop test ratings for the 2015 model.! For forward collision warning IIHS test, impact speed was reduced by 10 mph technologies can be within... Dummy ’ s active-safety features, leather seats, and the structurally similar Golf SportWagen Golf!