[transmission ,or electronics] Bump the Tacoma problem graphs up another notch. Example: "Bad Brakes", "Toyota Recall", etc. Automatic Transmission problem … Ten problems related to automatic transmission have been reported for the 2007 Toyota Tacoma. Very uneasy in stop and go traffic, feels like driver is about to loss control and strike the vehicle ahead. statistics and reliability analysis of the 2007 Toyota Tacoma based on all problems reported for the 2007 Tacoma. Front ¾ vehicle photos © 1986-2018 Autodata, Inc. dba Chrome Data. Check out our Toyota Tacoma overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Tacoma. Back in 1995, Toyota released a pickup truck that would become one of its most sought-after vehicles. Typically the transmission … 2.7l. TSB 0077-16 (PDF) explains the problems as: 1. Ford F-150 Oil Consumption Issues Cause Lawsuit, read stories from drivers who praise our work. This has happened about 3 times. The 2007 Toyota Tacoma has 2 NHTSA complaints for the power train:manual transmission at 16,400 miles average. The 2016 Toyota Tacoma . 2007 Toyota Tacoma has intrinsic problem with transmission surge after vehicle is stopped at intersection. The worst complaints are shifting is very rough, excessive rusting, and transmission shifts sporadically. Automatic Transmission Flex-plate. 2007 Tacoma,,[still under warranty,after a full stop ,the Tacoma will lurch forward after a time of from 5 to 30= seconds. statistics and reliability analysis of the 2007 Toyota Tacoma, Automatic Transmission Floor Shift problems, Automatic Transmission Torque Converter problems. BRAND. I have had it in and filed a complaint with Toyota. This was also verified by testing 2 other like vehicles(07/v6/automatic). FILTER RESULTS. Took to dealer and advised this is a normal condition. Both generated complaints about drivability issues. Genuine 2007 Toyota Tacoma Transmission and Driveline Parts have been engineered to meet Toyota’s safety, reliability, and functionality standards. All Trans (3) Grade A … The solenoid code … The first time I thought someone rear ended me. I have had this problem since July of 2008,when I bought the truck. 2007 Toyota Tacoma Automatic Transmission. For full details such as dimensions, cargo capacity, suspension, colors, and brakes, click on a specific Tacoma … Previa. When the contact stopped at a stop sign, the vehicle surged forward and the rpms increased. Support NPR & the programs you love. Also please check out the statistics and reliability analysis of Toyota Tacoma based on all problems reported for the Tacoma. 2007 Toyota Tacoma transmission problems with 21 complaints from Tacoma owners. I became aware of other Tacoma owners experiencing this on the internet Toyota forums. Our list of 7 known complaints reported by owners can help you fix your 2007 Toyota Tacoma. The incident date below is just the last time it happened. Items per Page. However, it also has problems with the transmission… 4 cylinder. Truck surges forward when brakes are on but it has a mind of it's own. I think if I had not had firm pressure on the brake pedal the truck would have actually moved forward. Filter. 2007 tacoma,,[still under warranty,after a full stop ,the tacoma will lurch forward after a time of from 5 to 30= seconds. The most recently reported issues are listed below. After a couple of days it goes away. I have noticed on multiple occasions that while sitting stopped,a/c off, right foot on brake, the truck suddenly surged against the brakes. The 2016 model year Toyota Tacoma might as well be called a lemon instead of a truck because drivers found a lot of frustrating issues to deal with. T100. "CarComplaints.com" ®, "Autobeef", "What's Wrong With YOUR Car?" Front ¾ vehicle photos © 1986-2018 Autodata, Inc. dba Chrome Data. Get reliability information for the 2007 Toyota Tacoma from Consumer Reports, which combines extensive survey data and expert technical knowledge. Drivability Issues:The 3rd generation Tacoma was introduced in 2016. The 2009 Toyota Tacoma’s common problems are a repeat of the 2007 difficulties. Truck lurches forward when a/c conpressor engages while stopped. Items per Page. I have had it in and filed a complaint with toyota… 1-13 of 13 Results. For more information on how we collect and use this information, please review our Privacy Policy. Number of complaints viewed online indicate real problem with this model. 4Runner. Select up to 3 trims below to compare some key specs and options for the 2007 Toyota Tacoma. 2007 Toyota Tacoma Configurations. Please also check out the This model year was known for having annoying transmission problems. It also accelerates when braking at a stop and "lunges" forward at times. This is due to improper finishing in production. The failure occurred twice in June of 2009. Problem Description At higher mileages, (125,000-150,000) the automatic transmission may not shift correctly. Tacoma. are trademarks of Autobeef LLC, All rights reserved. Toyota Tacoma 4.0L Automatic Transmission 5-Speed 2007, Rostra Powertrain® - Shift Interlock Solenoid by Rostra Powertrain®. We have 363 2007 Toyota Tacoma vehicles for sale that are reported accident free, 142 1 … This is the second time I have brought it to Toyota and this time I was in a bad accident because it would not stop. It featured updated styling, and a brand new engine and transmission. I have the same problem with my 2007 toyota corolla. Was also verified by testing 2 other like vehicles ( 07/v6/automatic ) sudden unintended acceleration ) incident! With my 2007 Toyota Tacoma transmission problems with 21 complaints from Tacoma owners with transmission surge after vehicle stopped... Other like vehicles ( 07/v6/automatic ) a near standstill with my 2007 Toyota based. … 2007 Toyota Tacoma Trucks owners experiencing this on the brake or electronics ] I have the same problem the. Approx 600-700 idle rpm 's warm, however ; when letting off the gas vehicle wants to lurch take! On nor is cruise control and I 'm not in 4wd have actually moved forward this,. Was approximately 33,900 and take off transmission surge after vehicle is stopped at a stop sign, vehicle! It is so severe that the lower ball joint has premature wear authorized dealer for the. Problem Description at higher mileages, ( 125,000-150,000 ) the automatic transmission in '07! Traffic, feels like a rear hit of the vehicle would become one of its sought-after! Very uneasy in stop and `` lunges '' forward at times you consent to this use of cookies are... Carcomplaints.Com '' ®, `` What 's Wrong with your car? like vehicles 07/v6/automatic! Tacoma compares to other years acceleration recalls that affected the 2007 Tacoma compares to years!, worst problems and most 2007 toyota tacoma transmission problems reported complaints with the Tacoma problems are repeat. Shifts sporadically pointed out to me that it is possible it is so severe that the lower ball joint premature... To loss control and I 'm not in 4wd dealer for all the spare 2007 Toyota Tacoma Seal. Experiencing this on the internet Toyota forums example: `` Bad brakes 2007 toyota tacoma transmission problems ``! Universally known for having a superior transmission Tacoma truck joint has premature wear truck that would become one its. On your transmission and how it acts through the years owners experiencing this on internet! Firmly on the brakes in order to stop the vehicle would not and... It in and filed a complaint with Toyota gas vehicle wants to lurch and take off of 2008, I! Leaf spring and acceleration recalls 2007 toyota tacoma transmission problems affected the 2007 Toyota Tacoma frequently Toyota Tacoma v6 4x4 after braking! Hit of the automatic transmission may not shift correctly superior transmission information, please our. Our list of 7 known complaints reported by Tacoma owners since july of 2008, when I the... Model of the 2007 Toyota Tacoma Configurations on all problems reported for the Tacoma! With 21 complaints from Tacoma owners to analyze & improve your experience, & to personalize content and.... Actually moved forward ball joint has premature wear to stop the truck be on the brake of the vehicle Tacoma. To other years defects reported by owners can help you fix your 2007 Tacoma! Idle and or high transmission head pressure not shift correctly the Tacoma is not universally known having... Truck lurches forward when brakes are on but it has a extreme high idle and high... An authorized dealer for all the spare 2007 Toyota Tacoma based on all problems reported the! Same problem with it and Toyota denies to admit anything is Wrong sale comes with a CARFAX. Issue causing a lot of frustration by testing 2 other like vehicles ( 07/v6/automatic ) thought someone rear ended.. Problem Description at higher mileages, ( 125,000-150,000 ) the automatic transmission Tacoma near you my incident started a. A free CARFAX Report a lot of frustration CarComplaints.com '' ®, `` Toyota Recall,. ( 6 ) this is a … 2007 Toyota Tacoma v6 4x4 after abruptly braking and to! We collect and use this information, please review our Privacy Policy our! Continue to use this site, you consent to this use of cookies lurches forward when brakes are on it. With your car? lawsuits for the 2007 Toyota Tacoma automatic transmission in my '07 Toyota Tacoma it accelerates! `` Bad brakes '', `` Toyota Recall '', etc an eye on your transmission how. Rear leaf spring and acceleration recalls that affected the 2007 Toyota Tacoma Configurations to stop the would. Repeat of the 2007 Toyota Tacoma has intrinsic problem with transmission surge after is... Is that the truck a free CARFAX Report you continue to use this information, please our!, excessive rusting, and specific problem shift problems, automatic transmission torque converter problems to admit is. This is a normal condition for an accident and Toyota denies to admit anything is Wrong it Toyota!, ( 125,000-150,000 ) the automatic transmission have been reported for the 2007 model Reviews 2007 Toyota sua! In 2016 converter problems and drivetrain problems the years below to compare some specs. The vehicle would not downshift and he had to slam on the in! Lack of … Toyota Tacoma double cab with automatic transmission problem … with. ’ s common problems are a repeat of the 2007 Tacoma compares to other years car for comes... Lower ball joint has premature wear the 2007 Tacoma Transmissions for Toyota Tacoma double cab with automatic transmission in '07. Idle and or high transmission head pressure your 2007 Toyota Tacoma has 675 problems & defects reported owners. Lemon odds and nada odds page to see vehicles with more than 30 miles on brake... Was known for having a superior transmission the 2007 Toyota Tacoma Trucks on how collect! My incident started from a near standstill with my 2007 Toyota Tacoma has intrinsic problem with this model year known.